BrailleExtender is a NVDA add-on that provides various features at braille level. Currently, the following features are implemented:
- Reload two favorite braille display with shortcuts.
- Automatically switch in review mode in apps.
- Auto scroll.
- Switch between several input/output braille tables.
- Define custom rules to mark text with special fields option with braille dots 7 and 8.
- Use two output braille tables simultaneously.
- Display tab signs as spaces.
- Reverse forward scroll and back scroll buttons.
- Say the current line during text scrolling.
- Launch applications quickly.
- And much more.
Besides, for some braille displays, it extends the mapping:
- Access to function keys, multimedia keys, quick navigation.
- Emulate modifier keys, and thus any keyboard shortcut.
- Offer several keyboard configurations concerning the possibility to input dots 7 and 8, enter and backspace.
- Actions and quick navigation through a rotor.
Once the add-on is installed, I suggest you read the documentation and go through the settings using the BrailleExtender menu (located at the root of NVDA menu).
This add-on is still in development, there are some bugs, the documentation needs to be improved and other features are coming.
Any comments, bugs, suggestions are welcome.