BrailleExtender is an NVDA add-on that provides various features at braille level. Currently, the following features are implemented:
- Reload two favorite braille display with shortcuts.
- Automatic review cursor tethering in terminal role like in PuTTY, Powershell, bash, cmd.
- Auto scroll.
- Switch between several input/output braille tables.
- Mark the text with special attributes through dot 7, dot 8 or both.
- Use two output braille tables simultaneously.
- Display tab signs as spaces.
- Reverse forward scroll and back scroll buttons.
- Say the current line during text scrolling either in review mode, or in focus mode or both.
- Translate text easily in Unicode braille and vice versa. E.g.: z <--> ⠵.
- Convert cell description to Unicode braille and vice versa. E.g.: 123 <--> ⠇.
- Lock braille keyboard.
- Launch an application/URL with gesture.
- Braille dictionaries.
- And much more!
For some braille displays, it extends the braille display commands to provide:
- offer complete gesture maps including function keys, multimedia keys, quick navigation, etc.;
- emulate modifier keys, and thus any keyboard shortcut;
- offer several keyboard configurations concerning the possibility to input dots 7 and 8, enter and backspace;
- actions and quick navigation through a rotor.
Once the add-on is installed, read the documentation and go through the settings using the BrailleExtender submenu (located in the NVDA menu).
This add-on is still in development, there are some bugs, the documentation needs to be improved and other features are coming.
Any comments, bugs, suggestions are welcome.